Do you have New Year’s resolutions?
I have five New Year’s writing resolutions and I’ve tried to keep them practical, measurable and doable.
Here they are:
1. To write an hour every day. In the weeks when it is not possible due to my day time jobs: Write 7 hours per week.
2. To translate A Heart of Fire into English
3. To stick to my new plot outline – no more diversions and no more letting the story get feet to run into a completely new direction!
4. To keep posting blog posts about the ongoing progress – for you guys to follow
5. To publish A Heart of Fire as e-book in 2015
In addition I have this supplementing resolution: To simplify daily routines in order to save more time and energy for writing.
My new morning ritual goes like this:
Get up and drink water, do yoga, shower and get dressed, drink a freshly made smoothies and a cup of tea or coffee.
I started doing this in December and it feels great! Since I now know when to do exactly what I don’t really spend time anymore wondering what to do next in the mornings. And I’ve simplified my closet and clothing style – to spend less time worrying what to wear. So far, so good. I’ll let you know if I manage to stick to it.
What do you think?
What are your resolutions?
All the best,