My awesome coach Jodi keeps telling me that in order to finish and publish my books I need TWO main focuses.
One, to do what is necessary for my writing and prioritize it.
Two, to set aside time on my schedule to simply enjoy life. To breathe it and be passionate about life! – And be awarded with sparks of inspiration…
I got a very nice compliment on Twitter yesterday; that I seem very disciplined working very goal-oriented towards my dream. Well, I am disciplined. But here’s the other side to it. Burn outs never gave anyone overflows of creativity – burn outs rather smothers it bits by bits. In order to reach your dreams (and stay healthy through the process!) it is of utmost importance to live a balanced, satisfied life. We pour energy into our creative projects – and we need to let our “energy tanks” be filled up again. In addition to sleeping enough, eating healthy, exercise and so on, we need to nourish our hearts and souls in order to thrive as artists. And with that said: Here is my list – 20 of the things that make me happy and refill my energy reservoirs!
What fills up your energy tank? What makes you happy? What inspires you?
20 Little Things That Make Me Happy
1. Quality time with my partner, my family and my friends. ❤
2. To invent stories – Let the imagination flow and turn tiny sparks into villages with princes, dragons and heroines.
3. To read – and disappear into the enchanting stories of other authors.
4. Watching the sunrise and the sunset – see how the pastel colours play with the clouds and my mood.
6. See my happy coloured flowers bloom and thrive at my balcony.
7. Yoga and Pilates – as a means of finding my inner calm and loving my body.
8. Waking up in a clean and tidy bedroom with a small stream off sunlight looking at me.
9. My morning smoothies; mostly a power smoothie with avocado, banana, vanilla rice milk and power-stuff in it.
11. Wildflowers – tiny bundles of happiness on the most unlikely places smiling up at me as I pass them.
12. Strawberries on ice cream – a piece of summer, to be enjoyed at lazy, warm summer evenings or even in the darkest of winter whilst dreaming of summer.
13. Strangers being truly kind to me without cause or reason.
14. Children laughing – especially when they laugh so hard out of pure happiness that they just cannot stop.
16. My morning coffee – Even before I drink it as the smell of it kisses my nose I feel a little bit more awake.
17. Having jobs I like that also pay my rent – no worries.
18. Happy music. Put on Jason Mraz “I’m Yours” right now and tell me you don’t feel uplifted!
19. Snow. To watch snow fall down like crystals from heaven and land softly on the trees.
Now, that was MY list!
How about YOU??
WHAT LITTLE THINGS MAKE YOU HAPPY?
Would love to hear from you!
Have a great day!
– A. J. Lundetræ