Thank you so much to the inspiring and smart novelist and blogger Melanie Noell Bernard for nominating me for the Liebster Award!
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award
that have less than 200 followers
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Melanie’s 11 Questions
1. What’s one guilty pleasure you have?
Sleeping all day. I love sleeping. The hardest part of my January Challenge turned out to be this: Get up at 7. It is a deep inner pleasure for me to sleep in. Especially when I do it on weekdays.
2. What childhood activity do you miss now that you’re an ‘adult’?
Run outside and tumble on the nearest meadow, not a thought in the world to how others would find it, just pure life joy. How liberating!
3. Do you speak any other languages besides English?
Well, Norwegian is my native tongue and German is the language of my everyday life. I’ve learned other languages as well, but I can by no means claim to speak them. I’ve taken language courses in Spanish, Icelandic, Finnish, Russian and Arabic.
4. Chocolate or gummy bears?
Chocolate! I think that gummy bears barely have any taste, totally overrated.
5. What Harry Potter house are you in? (This may determine the future of our friendship -.-)
I’m far better at theories than I am at doing practical stuff. And I’m a nerd, working on a PhD thesis synopsis. Now that I think of it, I think I would be a Ravenclaw.
6. What fandom(HP/GOT/Dr. Who/HG/etc) annoys you to no end?
50 shades of Grey.
7. What’s in your Dauntless fear landscape? (aka what are you afraid of?)
Fire. People I love dying. War. Failure. Success.
8. Name a song you’re totally obsessed with at the moment.
“The Story” by Brandi Carlile. In my head it is the theme music of the last chapters of A Heart of Fire.
9. Are you the center of attention or a wallflower?
Wallflower. Well, to be exact: The first three-four hours of a party I’m the wallflower, after that I might be the one dancing wildly. But not due to attention, just due to having finally relaxed and a love of dancing.
10. What’s your favorite part of blogging?
I love the community the most. The feeling that I’m writing something that someone will actually read – and being a part of discussions – and being able to actually encourage others – and be inspired by other people’s writing processes.
11. If given the opportunity to do something without any consequences, what would you do?
Sing a song on a stage in front of thousands of people. No consequences = no judgment, right? (I’m not really good at singing, I just think that it would be an awesome, liberating, fear-demolishing experience.)
11 Random Facts
- I have a twin sister. Yes, she pretty much looks like me. Yes, she is also a writer.
- As a kid I played the trumpet, for a bit more than a decade.
- Currently I play the saxophone – not very good, but I’m rehearsing doing things just for fun, and not because I’m good at it. (said the recovering perfectionism-addict, patting herself on the shoulder)
- I love sunrises. My favourite colours are all the colours of a sunrise.
- I’ve ridden an elephant through the jungles of northern Thailand.
- I love playing with children – I love how honestly they laugh, how excited they get, how happy they are over little things. I find it inspiring.
- I hate talking on the phone. I guess I come from a time and a place (tiny village) in which I never needed it when I grew up, we simply went outside and started playing with anyone we met. I’ve never really fully adjusted to the cell-phone-age.
- I’m really good at winning board games. I hold back and sometimes lose on purpose, so that people will still want to play with me.
- I think it would be really cool to be able to do a yoga headstand. I’m nowhere near achieving it, but who knows? Perhaps one day… 😀
- I love the idea of jogging, I just hate doing it.
- Twice a year I paint a picture.
This award has been around for a while, so sorry if you’ve been tagged for the second, third or forth time. 😀 I hope you play along, but feel free not to, if you’re not into these kinds of challenges. Would be really curious to read your answers, though. 😀 And I’m not commiting to the rule about 200-followers, as I honestly don’t know how many followers most blogs have (probably all of my nominees have more than 200), and since “Liebster” means favourite in German. I just tagged a few blogs that I really enjoy reading, that I think have perhaps not been tagged already. Have fun! 😀
- What was most awesome moment of your life as a writer till now?
- Is there any particular destination you would love to travel to?
- Which song makes you feel happy really fast?
- What is the best advice you ever got?
- What are the three most important items at your creative work space at home?
- Do you prefer writing in a coffee shop or writing at home? Or somewhere else?
- What is your current read?
- If you were a colour, which one would you be?
- If you could have one magical power, what would it be?
- Do you have a favourite word(s)?
- Which one of your hobbies / spare time activities is the most unusual one?
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!